Dual Scan Protocol – Brief case review: planning stage
Scanning the appliance
Place in the center of field of view
- Place in the same position as in patients’ mouth
- Make sure it is stable, by using the CT manufacturer’s appliance or a Styrofoam block
- After scanning make sure that the markers are clear, that the outline is clear and that there isn’t any scatter
Scanning the appliance and the patient
- Scan the patient together wearing the denture with scan markers
- Place the denture in the patient’s mouth using the bite index to ensure a secure placement in the mouth.
- After scanning, verify that the markers are clearly visible.